Blog Archive

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Loopy Redux


January 1, 2015

First order of business on the first day of the year? Frog the Loopy. Wasn't really on my agenda, but A and I were up early and it just kinda happened. Unraveling the Nantucket Throw was almost harder than knitting it up! And the newly formed giant ball of yarn is the size of a beach ball!

Cast on 20 stitches and planning to work in stocking stitch til I'm done. Trying 20mm needles instead of the 25 to see if I can get it a little tighter. Might be too tight. We'll see in a few minutes. That's one nice thing about this yarn... you see where you're going REALLY fast!


Turns out that 16 stitches and 38 rows of stocking stitch will yield a 20x20 inch pillow. The rest of the no-longer-giant skein of yarn will yield a 20x10ish inch pillow (16 stitches and 28 rows) that is really quite adorable. And somehow highly impressive to a 7-year-old? 

Anyway, I am very pleased with this, my first project of 2015. Not entirely sure what exactly I am going to DO with the most expensive pair of pillows in the house...but for now they look very pretty on our window ledge. 

2 comments:

Mrs. Match said...

Those are beautiful!! Look at you go, barely the start of the new year and you've already knocked out a project.

Knit and Purl Mama said...

I absolutely love the way the pillows came out. I think I want to make some myself. They're gorgeous!