Blog Archive

Friday, March 7, 2014

Fussing and Frogging

Look here! Knitting! Haven't seen that in awhile... 
Now, the problem is... I'm not sure what to do with it :( 
 I started this blanket in December for a friend of Mr. Ed. He and his wife had the most BEAUTIFUL baby girl and I was thrilled to make something pink. My LYS had a clearance sale on Waverly yarn and I bought every skein they had in this colour. I was sure I had enough. And then I cast on too many stitches and refused to believe it as I knit and knit and knit. Now the blanket is really long and skinny and I'm out of pink.
 I bought the gray to finish one side and make a border but I don't really like it. So then I picked up some white and tan, which I like better. But I don't like how it joins on the stocking stitch edge.
 I have been fussing and fiddling with this blanket for days. It has a weird stripe down the centre and the size is wrong. And the back looks terrible. So I'm trying to decide if I should just keep going and maybe sew some fabric on the back later? Like this. Or maybe I should Frog it and start over. I actually think the colours I have now would make a really pretty log cabin.
Maybe I'll take off the grey and use the white and then do another border with they grey and add fabric. This seems smarter than riiiiiiping the whole thing and starting over. It's killing me that after such a cold rotten winter I'm going to finish a snuggly blanket in time for spring! Sigh. 
On the plus side, adding fabric would be a little loophole on the quilting ban... ;)

1 comment:

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Wow, that's a lot of knitting! And you said you haven't been knitting lately... lol