Blog Archive

Friday, March 21, 2014

For my Imaginary Family

 
The  boys and I recently rediscovered our public library and have been having a blast checking out books and movies and music. I have learned more about Cheetahs, Jaguars and big cats than I ever thought I could want to know. And we rediscovered the Mo Willems Elephant and Piggie books which we take turns acting out and reading to each other. It's been very very fun. 
On one of our trips I scooped up this Cook Book in the kids section. My three men (Mr. Ed included) are annoyingly picky eaters and I'm always looking for ideas. I kept this book for three weeks and thoroughly enjoyed looking at the pictures and planning meals. I then I realised I was planning them for my imaginary family. My imaginary family that eats soups and stews and vegetables and things other than plain pasta, pizza, apple slices and .... milk. Sigh, someday I will find people to cook for!

1 comment:

Knit and Purl Mama said...

I feel the same way about wanting to make things that no one in my family will eat... but me. We can have imaginary families together!

Mo Willems rocks!