Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Twelve

Today is December 12, 2012

12-12-12

I really just like saying that.

I was due to be born on 7-7-77 but I was 6 weeks early and thus missed out on a really cool (and possibly lucky?) birthday. Oh well, not the end of the world.

There are 13 days until Christmas. That would be FAR more significant but I only have two things left to knit and I am feeling like it might actually be possible :)

Here is Thing One - a mobius cowl I am working on for Mom's stocking.


The yarn is Estelle Drake in the lovliest shades of Dragon green. My Mom was born in the Chinese year of the Dragon and claims many dragon-esque characteristics. My son's middle name is Drake and he too has some pretty fierce qualities. I had given her this yarn and the gorgeous yarn bowl I bought from Center Hill Clay Works, for Mother's Day. For my birthday she gave it back with a note saying "Love the gift, please return when knitted :)" That's my Mom. So, despite the fact that she is already getting two OTHER cowls in her Christmas stocking, it looks like she'll be getting one more.

If I get the kids to bed on time tonight, I MAY be able to post pictures of all three tomorrow!!

No comments: