Blog Archive

Friday, May 1, 2015

Knitters Frolic 2015

Slowly recovering from this year's Knitters Frolic weekend! Such fun :) I had looked forward to seeing Robyn for months and then I got to meet Monica and she's awesome. A right proper girls weekend and my boys were total angels. Seriously. I was so proud of them. And I had so much fun :)

I definitely went more prepared this year and as a result came home with SO much more! My rav queue grew exponentially overnight.

 Had to buy something the minute we walked in the door! Little project bag :) Put to immediate good use in our Bead Whimsy class with Sivia Harding. THAT was so fantastic it deserves its own post. So more on that to come.




After a fantastic class with Sivia in the morning we "scarfed" down a quick lunch and headed for the Marketplace. Despite Monica's fear, ALL the yarn was not gone and we did our fair share of shopping and depleating the supply!  My big find of the day? TARDIS yarn by Indigodragonfly! I think I bought every skein that said Tardis. Not all the same yarn, but ALL Tardis blue :)


 Second find of the day - Summer Breeze Cotton Shawl.  The sample was all the oranges and pinks but there wasn't enough of the bright pink in the Sirdar Baby Bamboo to make me a kit so I made up my own. I hope I like it as well in the blues and purples. Those ARE more my colours, but the oranges and pinks were so different from my usual choices I'm wondering if that was part of the appeal! Worst case,  I will get more yarn and make a second one :P


This wasn't actually from Frolic, it is some gorgeous Folio yarn that Robyn brought me from her  shop :) It's going to be a Garden House Baby Blanket...as soon as I have time! 
The colours are (4501) Pearl, (4516) Tea Rose, (4548) Mohegan, and (4562) Purple Mountain. 

My super cool new knitting bag from Sticks and Pins and sold at the booth for Creative Yarns. I am not having good luck photographing the inside of the bag (it's all black) but it's awesome. Has a divider and grommets to keep your yarn balls from getting all tangled up and a drawstring to keep you from dumping your projects all over your car, gym bag, deck chair, subway... 
It will be going everywhere with me from now on :) 


Presents from Robyn :) I LOVE love love the earrings - tops of knitting needles, size 9 (5.25mm). I meant to wear them TO Frolic, but totally forgot. Next time :)

 Mystery yarn from Robyn. No tags but 2 skeins of fingering weight yarn in totally awesome colours. Very interesting to have someone pick colours for you based almost entirely on your Ravelry projects and stash. The brown and blue remind me of my On Your Toes Bamboo, and the bright pink, blues and purples remind me of my Simple Yet Effective Shawl and, of course, my Nick cowl. 
I haven't totally decided what they will be used for but am having fun searching rav for ideas!

 And last but not least, a beautiful skein of Sock Yarn (80% superwash merino, 20% nylon) from Dye-Version yarns. The colour is called "Upstream" and it is destined to become the River Rock Scarf by Sivia Harding. I bought some gorgeous purple/pink and yellow beads from BeadFX that I think will be perfect. 

Okay, so all in I "only" bought five things at Frolic. That's not too bad right? 
The rest? Mr. Ed can blame Robyn!

2 comments:

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Great loot! It was a BLAST! Same time next year? :)

Monica said...

Though this trip was a while back now, I can say it was a BLAST. We all came away with some pretty darn good yarn!