Blog Archive

Thursday, December 11, 2014

No More Natural!

December 11, 2014

I can't do it. I can't knit another stitch in natural-coloured bulky yarn. My system cannot handle it!
Since November 19, I have knit and knit and knit and knit three different weights of natural yarn. All beautiful 100% natural wool. All  soft and warm and gorgeous. All varying degrees of "bulky, chunky or super bulky". But I can't do it anymore. My left wrist is killing me and I keep getting chills every time I put one down. They are so warm and heavy and heavenly that I have sat, buried in yarn, knitting for hours. Entire evenings spent covered in wool. Series of tv shows. Miles of fibre.

Lovely really, but the projects are done and it's time to move onto something.. new. Something light. Something obnoxiously BRIGHT.  Something coloured. Or maybe... a quilt :P








1 comment:

Knit and Purl Mama said...

It's too bad the loopy didn't work out - it's nice looking in the pic. The other blanket is gorgeous as well and the pillow too!