Blog Archive

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Winter Blahs Blanket!

So back in March, when I could't take ANY more of winter, I went to my LYS and picked up as many balls of Folksong as they had in stock and just started knitting. I love the Log Cabin pattern and was happy to work on something mindless. The bright colours cheered me up and the endless garter stitch soothed my frayed - NO MORE SNOW - soul.
 I didn't really have a specific plan for it, I just wanted to see how far I could get with the yarn that I had. As I started to run low, I bought some turquoise and did one round of that. Then I finished up the Folksong. I fussed over whether to do a few more rounds of just the blue, but it was a lighter weight yarn and I thought that wouldn't do for an edge. I figured I could always change my mind and go back to it later.
 So I cast off and stitched in all the ends. I had used 10 balls of folksong and about 1/2 a ball of of Patons Canadiana. And just as I was tucking in the last thread, my phone buzzed with a message from our friend Mike - his first baby boy had been born that afternoon. Clearly this blanket had a home to go to!
And of course, Mr. Ed's gratuitous corner shot (even though it's not actually a quilt!) 

PS - the puppies posing with the quilt are this years stuffy, sold in Haliburton to raise money for the Haliburton Highlands Health Services Foundation. That hospital has been there for me and my family in so many ways that I buy at least two of their soft toys every year. This year, a puppy, named Mischief, was beyond perfect!


No comments: