Blog Archive

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Never Taken A Selfie Before...

.... But I texted pretty much everyone I knew when I finished Miriam and then of course was asked for pics.  I took one on my closest door and even N told me I was being lame!
 So then I let N take one - not too bad eh? But he lost interest fast (new sword to play with) so he wouldn't do the other shots I wanted.
 So I thought I'd try myself. I hate having my picture taken. Not because I think I look bad - I am lucky that I usually photograph pretty well (no delusions of supermodel-dom, but I take a decent picture). But Mr. Ed takes photos for a living so he is a perfectionist. It's very hard to be natural when someone is shouting at you "BE MORE NATURAL!!"
So while this doesn't show off the sweater perfectly, it took two seconds and I"m not ready to file for divorce ;)

I used about 12 skeins of Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino and 4.0 mm needles.  Knit the 39 3/4 size. Only modification was to add 4 inches to the length.  It took me almost 2 years to finally get finished. I wrote about it last July when it was still going to be the Mason-Dixon After Dark robe. Then for awhile it was going to be Agatha but it took me 2 hours to knit one round of the chart and it was just too discouraging!  Then in September I came across Miriam when I was searching ravelry for projects I could make with the yarn that I had (LOVE that feature!) and Miriam looked like something I could handle. It is a GREAT pattern. I would even, in a little while, consider doing it again. It was easy to follow and to be fair, could have knit up much quicker. I like the finished length, but for me, I will either fold the sleeves once or next time, knit them a bit shorter. They aren't wrong, just not to my taste. Of course, it decided to be 23'C out today so NOT the day for a wool sweater (no complaints!!) but I am looking forward to wearing "her" in the fall :)

1 comment:

Knit and Purl Mama said...

It looks great on you! And you take great selfies!! Hee hee!!

It'll make a really nice addition to your fall wardrobe!