Blog Archive

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

A Sweater for Baby Vlad





So this is another post that should have been put up ages ago. As I was writing about up-cycled/recycled sweaters I remembered somewhere I had pictures of the sweater I made for K3's new little guy, Baby Vlad. No, she didn't actually name her infant Vlad (though how fun would that be?!), she just names all babies after dictators when they are in utero and she's okay with me putting that much online. So Vlad it is. For the record, my boys she called Baby Ho (Chi Min) and Baby Kim (Jong-il). Seriously. 

Anyway, I always make lots of goodies for her babies (she buys me yarn on her travels around the world!) and this was the set I made up for Vlad. The white is a soft, simple crochet blanket and the sweater is the Classic Baby Cardi from Debbie Bliss Knitting Magazine.

The other crib/stroller blanket is one made from two upcycled sweaters. Not the greatest sewing-together job ever, but pretty decent results overall :)

No comments: