Blog Archive

Thursday, June 27, 2013

In the Mailbox Today

They send it to you! In the mail! Directly to your house! 

This is the first time I've ordered fabric online and I think I may develop a serious addiction. It's also the first time I've ordered or bought pre-cuts and the idea that I can just start sewing is mind-boggling. I'm so excited I can't even get sit.


This is four charm packs (37 squares each) of Farmer's Market Fruit and Vegetables by RJR Fabrics and I found it on ebay at emerald city fabrics and crafts. They had a 100% positive feedback rating and I've bought RJR fabrics before and loved it so I felt fairly safe. They also had the best shipping I've been able to find (shipping to Canada that is) so I went ahead and placed my order.

Isn't it fun?? My BFF since I was 12 has become a very strict vegan over the past four years and when I saw this online I KNEW I had to get some and make her a quilt. I can't think of anyone it would be more perfect for, and I really can't think of anyone else who would want to sleep under a pile of vegetables. I emailed the listing to her Mom first and she totally cracked up. I can't wait to get this all together for her birthday in the fall. So perfect for harvest time!

The fabric is just beautiful - nice soft cotton and the images are as clear as photographs. My favourites are the berries - they look good enough to eat. 
The onions and the broccoli slightly less so ;)

Will keep you posted on how it all comes together. Not having to do any cutting or measuring (crazy!) makes me think this is going to go rather quickly.

No comments: