Blog Archive

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Early Morning Knitting

November 20, 2014

So for the past couple of weeks, D has been Pinning me pictures of chunky-knit blankets and messages like "do you think this would be hard to knit?" and "OMG these are $600 dollars in stores!!". Then she found some pillows at Indigo and sent me pictures of those with a note "Do you think I should spend $55 each on these? Is that a reasonable price?". I told her if she spent that kind of $$ on something I could make I would disown her...




4:00 am. Went yarn shopping with D yesterday and she bought me lots and lots of gorgeous yarn to play with! I really love this system :) She wants to make her bedroom "cozier" and thinks this will help. I'm happy to play my part :)

So far 3 skeins of Cascade Magnum in a lovely natural colour. Planning to make the Pixie Dust Lap Blanket from Purl Soho, only casting on 54 stitches to make it a bit wider. Wheee!

Using 19mm needles. So fun! Cast on 80 stitches. Can't decide if I should go back to 64ish, or keep it. Will putter along for awhile and see how it goes. Right now... big enough for Jason!


1 comment:

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Were your 19mm circular or straights? Curious what you knit it on?