Blog Archive

Sunday, May 4, 2014

More Fudge, or Why I am Always Dieting...

I have other posts written and waiting to be posted, but I need the recipients to get their stuff before I can put up pictures. SO, in the meantime, I'm making fudge. Again, I am blatantly borrowing this recipe. None of it is mine. This one is from Martha Stewart, Everyday Food, July/August 2011.

I was making N's Sucre a la Creme this morning when Mr. Ed wandered through the kitchen. He loved the smell of sugar and maple syrup but when I said it was going to be fudge he pouted a little. Mr. Ed is a chocolate man. Luckily, I am the best wife ever and had all the ingredients on hand. So today we have a batch of Maple Syrup Fudge and a Batch of Chocolate Fudge sitting in the fridge for after dinner tastiness. I am curious to see how much is actually left by the time N and I get back from gymnastics...

Easy Chocolate Fudge with Pretzels




Ingredients

  • Nonstick cooking spray
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
  • 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips (16 ounces)
  • 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1/8 teaspoon fine salt
  • 2 1/2 cups roughly chopped miniature pretzels
  • Directions

    1. Step 1

      Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on all sides.
    2. Step 2

      Place butter, chocolate chips, condensed milk, vanilla, and salt in a medium heatproof bowl set over (not in) a pot of barely simmering water. Stir occasionally until chocolate just melts and mixture is combined and warm but not hot, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in 2 cups pretzels. Transfer mixture to pan and smooth top; press 1/2 cup pretzels on top. Refrigerate until set, 2 hours (or up to overnight, wrapped). Using parchment, lift fudge from pan and cut into 36 squares.
     
    Everyday Food, July/August 2011 
     

1 comment:

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Those look evil. I have to think about carrots and cucumbers and salad. NOT chocolate and pretzels, etc.. LOL