Blog Archive

Sunday, August 25, 2013

So... what did you do this weekend?

I don't know about you, but I spent my weekend at my sewing machine. Every moment my kids didn't need me I was cutting, measuring and sewing. I bought the fabric on Thursday and was up until 3 am. I haven't voluntarily been up that late in.....can't remember. Or at all that late since A started sleeping through the night. My body is not too happy with me! 
BUT, it's so worth it. three sleepless nights and a Saturday of movies in front of the tv, popcorn and frozen blueberries (it's a favourite) allowed me to finish...THIS:
I





 You can't quite tell yet but it's going to be a card table playhouse for N's birthday this week. I bought the pattern from Julie's shop Miss Prettypretty on etsy and traded a few emails to be sure I was on the right track. Then I put my new sewing machine to work! Let me tell you, that baby was worth every penny. Julie's patterns were super easy to follow and her directions were so clear. The only changes I made were the shark page (my own design) and the kitchen I figured out based on her photographs from her shop. With the kitchen I double-enforced the pots and left the tops open so the kids can put felt food (made last summer with Daniella) into the pots and pretend they are cooking. I am going to sew the sides together tonight after the boys go to bed and tomorrow morning I am going to stand back and watch them play. I plan to fall on the couch and sleep for the remainder of the day!!


No comments: